cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN 2100 - Cisco Bug CSCsd52483

joshhunter
Level 4
Level 4

Hi I have a WLAN controller which falls in to GRUB mode.

It appears Cisco bug CSCsd52483 has affected it and Ciscos solution is to replace the controller.

CSCsd52483—When you make changes in the bootloader of a 2006 controller or a Controller Network Module, the bootup process may halt, and the controller may stop responding. The controller also displays the "grub>" prompt on the console port.

Workaround: Replace the controller.”

The Controller is now out of warranty.

Regardless of this - with the controller being unusable and having had a Cisco bug cause this I would like to know how this can be returned of fixed with no financial implications on my behalf.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

frizo
Level 1
Level 1

The customer tried the workaround and the unit is still failing, something very important to point out is the fact that there are no software images for the 2125 or 2112 WLC lower than 5.1 anything lower than that is not supported, that can be confirmed at our download page on our website. It is possible to load an image from a 2106 to these units, however it is not recommended because it can cause other problems. A brand new 2125 WLC should come with a software version newer than 5.1 and

those versions  are not affected by that bug, no previous versions have been developed for those units.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

joshhunter
Level 4
Level 4

Any ideas?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

According to the Bug Toolkit

WLc code upgrade to 5.0.148.0 and after reboot, WLC goes to grub promt

Solution:  Don't go to this version.  Besides I will never recommend anyone using 5.X.  Go to 7.0.98.0 instead if you have a 2100.

:/ not really a solution if you already have gone to the version.

frizo
Level 1
Level 1

The customer tried the workaround and the unit is still failing, something very important to point out is the fact that there are no software images for the 2125 or 2112 WLC lower than 5.1 anything lower than that is not supported, that can be confirmed at our download page on our website. It is possible to load an image from a 2106 to these units, however it is not recommended because it can cause other problems. A brand new 2125 WLC should come with a software version newer than 5.1 and

those versions  are not affected by that bug, no previous versions have been developed for those units.

Thanks for the help.

http://www.vts.intute.ac.uk/detective/image/case-closed-stamp.gif

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card