cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

worried about second supervisor engine affecting runnin-config

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

I have a 4500 with 2 supervisor engines "WS-X4516-10GE". One of them in rommon because of not having the same ios as the active one. My question is when i copy the same ios and bring it up how do i make sure it doesn't become primary and active as for sure it will have wrong or empty config?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It won't come up as primary , and it will sync the configuration from the primary automatically (make sure the running-config is saved on an external repository too). That way restoring becomes easy in case of problems.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

what about after booting up the second supervisor with the same version things didn't work and i had to reboot the switch? how do i know which  supervisor will take priority and become primary?

- Current primary will remain in effect

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

but how do i know the current working supervisor is the primary? what if it was the secondary before the other supervisor went down?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card