Views
Helpful
Replies

Write to SPAN port possible?

swain9063058
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

What I'm asking might be a stupid question, but what I'm wanting to know is whether it's possible to communicate with the switch when the PC is connected to a SPAN interface?

For context I have my switch (3750) configured for use with SNMP, my SNMP monitoring PC receives the SNMP trap messages when a port becomes up/down (as configured). However when I configure the switch port interface my SNMP monitoring PC is connected to as a SPAN port, I no longer receive the SNMP trap message. (not sure why)

I was hoping that by setting up a dedicated VLAN e.g. 999 with an IP Address on the switch I could use the ingress vlan x parameter as part of the monitor session x destination command i'd then be able to communicate directly with the switch, without being able to communicate with other traffic on the network.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Not possible , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card