Views
Helpful
Replies

Wrong Image on Switch

ed.crawford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All:

I inadvertantly copy the wrong image on to a 35609-X switch and now it gets stuck in a particular mode.

The original image was:  c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-53.SE2/c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-53.SE2.bin

and I replaced it with: c3560e-universalk9npe-mz.122-55.SE1.bin ( this is what the download site identifies as the image for 3560X-24P-S)

It now sticks at:  Front-end Microcode IMG MGR: Programming device 0...rrrrrrwssssssssssssssssssspssssssssssssssss

How can I get back on to delete this image?  It ignores the break key.

17 Replies 17

How are you able to download the image to your computer from the Cisco website? 

For me, it is not allowing me to download the file and is giving me the following error:

To Download this software, you must have a valid service contract associated to your Cisco.com profile.
If you do not have a service contract you can get one through:
Your Cisco Account Team if you have a direct purchase agreement with Cisco
Your Cisco Partner or Reseller
Once you have the service contract you must associate your service contract to your Cisco.com user ID with Profile Manager

Any help will be appreciated!

you need an active partner-level/customer-level support subscription in order to download, although some old firmware is now free from cisco.

Let me know which switch you are looking for.

Regards

at the moment I am looking for this specific switch: WS-C3560X-24P-S V07

If you have the file, I would appreciate it if you can share it.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card