cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C2960X-24PD-L stripping DSCP?

krogers
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2960X that i have a VTC client plugged into.  I'm running a sniffer on the VTC client and I see DSCP markings leaving the device with markings on it.  On the switch itself I have a monitor session configured to mirror the VTC port and I'm sniffing traffic in that location too.  The sniffer connected to the monitor port is NOT seeing any markings for DSCP?  

Any idea on what could be causing this issue?!

SITE-OPS-AS-01#show mls qos
QoS is disabled
QoS ip packet dscp rewrite is disabled

SITE-OPS-AS-01#

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post the mirrored logs to review.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

You'd like to look at the sniffer captures?  The sniffer captures show the DSCP markings set to '0'.  There is really nothing to show.  

Hello

@krogers wrote:

I have a 2960X that i have a VTC client plugged into.  I'm running a sniffer on the VTC client and I see DSCP markings leaving the device with markings on it.  On the switch itself I have a monitor session configured to mirror the VTC port and I'm sniffing traffic in that location too.  The sniffer connected to the monitor port is NOT seeing any markings for DSCP?  

Any idea on what could be causing this issue?!

SITE-OPS-AS-01#show mls qos
QoS is disabled
QoS ip packet dscp rewrite is disabled

SITE-OPS-AS-01#

As the switch itself doesn't have qos enabled  it cannot be the switch rewriting the dscp so I am thinking it could maybe your span session not sending/including them.

I am assuming your have a default local span session, if so could you try the following:
monitor session x source interface xxx tx
monitor session x destination interface xx encapsulation replicate

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card