cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C2960X-48LPS-L 15.2(7)E4 Mac Table issues

William Foster
Level 1
Level 1

I have a switch stack that I have to clear the arp and mac table every morning for some certain users to be able to work. Has anyone had these issues or know of a bug for the version of code I am on? I know this isn't a lot of info but as soon as I started working on the issue I had a hunch and applied the fix to get users up and working quickly before I was able to grab any info. 

This is a switch stack of 3 and is deployed as our access layer. 

3 Replies 3

before you clear arp see if IP or MAC appear in other port 
also you run any 802.1x ?

MHM

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I would advice that you setup a syslog server on the particular stack and examine  the logs received daily
    (or with quicker intervals) , for instance
    because there is  good chance that the real cause is something else.

+ In the same context you may also examine traffic on it's upload links for it with network management tools , to 
     see that you don't have any network storms , loops , broadcast , ....     maliciously induced or not.
    Have a setup where you have an online view of traffic usage at all times.

+ If nothing can be found consider upgrading to https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284795740/type/280805680/release/15.2.7E10
    also an advisory release , and check if that can help.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @William Foster ,

post a show version

show version | inc image

show switch

to get better help for example to make a bug search we would need some more info

Edit:

forgive me I have just seen that the version is in the subject

15.2.7E4

as already suggested some more info you are using also 802.1X or port security , DHCP snooping and so on would be very helpful to understand your scenario.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card