cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3650-24TS-L -> WS-C3650-24TS-S

Andrey128
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible somehow (with licenses or purchasing firmware etc ) convert switch WS-C3650-24TS-L to WS-C3650-24TS-to get L3 functionality?

6 Replies 6

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should be able to purchase an ipservices license for L3 functions

what options do you have when you check command show license right-to-use ?

thanks for hint, I've not opened the box yet,

will WS-C3650-24TS-L support some simple L3 functionality, e.g. static routing and inter-VLAN routing?

seems WS-C3650-24TS-L does supports static routing, per table3 on page2:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3650-series-switches/q-and-a-c67-729531.pdf

Hi

you will get 16 static routes with lanbase I don't think it supports intervlan for l3 I think you need ipbase at least for that

The Cisco Express Forwarding hardware routing architecture delivers extremely high-performance IP routing in the Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series Switches:

IP unicast routing protocols (static, Routing Information Protocol Version 1 [RIPv1], and RIPv2, RIPng, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol [EIGRP] stub) are supported for small-network routing applications with the IP Base feature set. Limited static routing with the LAN Base feature set. Equal-cost routing facilitates Layer 3 load balancing and redundancy across the stack.

I've just implemented "WS-C3650-24TS"lanbasek9

Intervlan routing is working, loopback interfaces working, static default routing is wokring.

In general, 'lanbase' looks the same as 'ipbase', only no commands for HSRP,  multicast, OSPF.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card