cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3750X-24TS-S. FAN LED + PSU LED are green but won't boot.

Vincent5
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have about 11 of this swtich which are broken in different ways im gonna try to fix. And I'm gonna describe some of the problems I have found out.

Switch 1: Green light from PSU LED 1 and or 2. FAN LED 1 and 2 are green. Front panel LED is OFF. No output from Console cable via the Mini USB on front or RJ45 Cisco cable (tried different baudrates aswell). No uplink from the gigabitports.

Switch 2: Green light from PSU LED 1 and or 2. FAN LED 1 and 2 is orange. Front panel LED OFF No output from Console cable via the Mini USB on front or RJ45 Cisco cable. Tried switching to a known working PSU and FAN. Tried cleaning the contacts for the connection on the motherboard for the FANs.

Switch 3: Green light from PSU LED 1 and or 2. FAN LED 1 and 2 is OFF. Front panel LED is OFF. No output from Console cable via the Mini USB on front or RJ45 Cisco cable. The FANs are not spinning and one time I swapped out one of the fans while the PSU was on and it made some sparkling sound.

And then I have few more different versions that when I opened them up and power them on while I check motherboard they have different LED that are OFF/ON. Seems like I have at least 2 different motherboard colors too, one green and one dark green.

Any idea how I can fix these? They have died when they have been used in normal condition. (temparature wise etc).

1 Reply 1

Vincent5
Level 1
Level 1

Can also add they are not particularly dusty or dirty but I have cleaned them with air before or after testing.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card