cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-X4516-10GE fail to boot up

Safety1st
Level 1
Level 1

We have WS-C4507R-E and WS-C4510R-E chassis and 3 supervisors WS-X4516-10GE (Supervisor Engine V-10GE). All supervisors hangs after unpacking IOS:

Rommon reg: 0x10000380
##################################################
 Decompression done, relocating ...

It seems the problem occurs issue after power cycle event related to memory components but there are some doubts. We used memory module from other the same supervisor, and our supervisor successfully worked but only about 3 weeks. Also we tried to run 2nd & 3d supervisors with memory module from other supervisor as well as with neighbour's one with no success.

The main question is whether is it memory issue or supervisor itself?

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If the issue is about the memory component failure then the supervisor card wouldn't boot at all, however, yours do so this means the memory component failure FN isn't applicable to your issue.
You might try to break into ROMmon and force the supervisor cards to boot a different IOS.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Difficult to tell , if you still have an older IOS on the bootflash: then try to boot it as a test.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Safety1st
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry forgot to mention. We tried booting using 2 different images and booting from TFTP. The older image just doesn't print 'Decompression done, relocating ...' but hangs on the same step.

Console into the supervisor card and reboot. Post the entire boot-up process.

It was the memory!! We replaced 2 modules with new ones and this supervisors work like a charm.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card