Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-X4606-X2-E Hot Swappable

Wissam Bteich
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Kindly do you have any document that states whether WS-X4606-X2-E module is hot swappable or not?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Port density—The  Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series is capable of connecting up to 240 customers  with up to 240 copper or fiber Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet ports  in a chassis. The Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series offers different entry  points for high- and low-density locations with the Cisco Catalyst 4503,  4506, or 4507R chassis. The hot-swappable modular "plug and play"  (meaning that it will work as soon as it is active in the network)  switching solution of the Cisco Catalyst 4000 Series enables maintenance  with minimal disruption of other users.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_white_paper09186a0080103dd4.shtml

HTH

Thank you Reza.

However, I think this part of the document states features of the Catalyst 4500 series.

I want to make sure this specific fiber module is Hot-Swappable.

In other words, I need to know if there are any modules that are considered exceptions for the Hot-Swappable feature and if our module is one of them (or not).

Regards,

Hi Wissam,

Did you able to find any documents related to this hot-swap?

Rgds,

Prdp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card