Views
Helpful
Replies

XOT over IPSec tunnel

lauraherr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to configure a Cisco1941sec/K9 as XOT device and as well this router will create the IPSec tunnel to transport the XOT traffic over a VPN tunnel.

I've been checking different posts and it's not very clear if the router can have both roles, XOT and IPSec endpoint... Has anybody tried it?, is it feasible?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Laura,

I have not set up this personally, but from looking at available documentation, I do not see any reason why this should not work.

A XOT tunnel is set up using x25 route x25-address xot ip-address xot-source local-interface commands. If the resulting TCP session sourced from local-interface and destined to ip-address, TCP destination port 1998 is then handled by an IPsec crypto map or flows through a Tunnel interface with crypto profile applied, it will be IPsec-protected. Should be fairly straightforward.

Best regards,
Peter

Hi, Yes, I had the same idea, that it should work, but then I tripped over with the following post where said "Not sure if the XOT router can also be the IPSec endpoint," https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/9323671/encrypting-xot-using-ipsec Just to be sure if there was any constraint or limitation. Thanks!
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card