Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7905 not working

I have a 7905 that won't work with my CUCM 8.0.2.  I have looked around here,cisco and google for the answer but I can't find it.  I can ping the phone from the command line and from the CUCM , pul up the webpage for the phone but it won't work.   It says it on version 1.0.0.2.  I tried to look for the xml file on the TFTP a few 7905 files come up but no .xml file.  Is there something I'm missing? 

We have installed 8.0.2 and that is all.  We have not uploaded any .exe or .xml files.  Should I?  Where do I get these files from if I need them.

Don't beat me up to bad  when you reply.  I am new to the Cisco World!                  

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your CUCM version is linux based, so, forget about .exe files.

Have you already configured the phone in CUCM?

Have you gone thru the basic config (enable services, CUCM group, device pool, etc)??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, setup the phone in the cucm, but nothing. I even did a factory reset on the phone ( the hold pound while starting up) the phone got some files from the cucm. But it still didn't work. I go to the web page of the phone and it at version 1.0.0.2.

I got in contact with wwt, the people we bought it from, they told me that I need to sftp a cmterm-7905-8.0.3-sccp.cop.sgn and cmterm-7905-8.0.3-sccp.cop into the cucm. I don't have sftp server to get these files in there. Is there another way? If not what's the best and easiest sftp server to use

novice guy like me?

Is there a way to look in the cucm to find what phones are in there by default? We support many units but we don't know what model they will bring to the exercise until we get there. So is there a way download one file to make my cucm compatible with all sccp (we don't use sip) phones?

Also, the exercise has ended so I can't work on this again until our next one in November. But I would like to know for future exercises.

Thanks!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes, setup the phone in the cucm, but nothing. I even did a factory reset on the phone ( the hold pound while starting up) the phone got some files from the cucm. But it still didn't work. I go to the web page of the phone and it at version 1.0.0.2.

I got in contact with wwt, the people we bought it from, they told me that I need to sftp a cmterm-7905-8.0.3-sccp.cop.sgn and cmterm-7905-8.0.3-sccp.cop into the cucm. I don't have sftp server to get these files in there. Is there another way? If not what's the best and easiest sftp server to use

novice guy like me?

Is there a way to look in the cucm to find what phones are in there by default? We support many units but we don't know what model they will bring to the exercise until we get there. So is there a way download one file to make my cucm compatible with all sccp (we don't use sip) phones?

Also, the exercise has ended so I can't work on this again until our next one in November. But I would like to know for future exercises.

Thanks!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App