cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8420 MCU blades failing over

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

For several months now, we have experienced problems with MCU calls scheduled on TMS failing over during the call.  This has caused us a lot of grief, and the fix has always been to browse into the media blade and delete all of the Completed Conferences.  My question is how are these conferences getting listed in the Completed Conferences section?  It is my understanding that meetings booked through TMS do not fall into that section after they end.

TMS 13.1.1

VCS X7.1

MSE 8420 4.3 (1.68)

I see in my TMS meeting event logs, that there were warnings: no response from main system.  The main system in this case was Pont_NB_IP_Bridge 2.  It eventually failed over to Pont_NB_IP_Bridge1.  When it says no response, does that mean no SNMP response?  I have checked with my network architect and there were no problems with the network at this time, and both the MSE 8420 and TMS are on the same network.  TMS is set up to automatically fail over if "Conference Start or MCU Polling fails" and the threshold is 30 seconds after first failed poll.\

eventlog failover.jpg

2 Replies 2

crisalex
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darren ,

I'm afraid that we'll need to open a TAC case for this and read through the TMS / MCU logs to understand what it's causing this behavior.

Can you please open a TAC case and provide us the TMS logs + event log and eventually the diagnostic files from the MCU's affected.

Kindly asked to let me know the SR number and I'll follow it up with the TAC Engineer,

Regards

Cristian

TAC Team Leader

Hi Christian, I finally found a chance to open this SR.  The ticket number is 622212817.