Views
Helpful
Replies

8510 MCU registered 2 VCs with same E.164 number with VCS

hzeeshan1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using 8510 MCU ( 4.3/1.68) registered to VCS (7.0.3). We use TMS 13.2 to schedule calls on the 8510 MCU. Issue is that on two occasion, TMS interconnected 2 VCs with one another. All particpants connected one the first VC, also connected on the 2nd VC and vice-versa. When I check the calls on the MCu, I found that both the VCs had the same E.164 number. Is there a bug on TMS, 8510 or VCS?

7 Replies 7

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

there are many questions in here unanswered, so if you knindly provide more info maybe it's possible to povide more accurate answer. for example:

1- do you have simple network diagram of your setup?

2- Are VCSs clustered, if not what are the relationship between two VCSs? are they neighbor zone configured VCSs or Traversal zone?

3- which VCS, MCU is registered at?

4- what did you mean TMS interconnected the two VCSs?

if all endpoints registered on one VCS then MCU dials through that VCS1 to reach the endpoints and if some endpoints are registered on VCS2 depending at which VCS, MCU is registered, the call will be routed through the registered VCS.

- Setup is simple. We have a cluster of 2 VCS. 8510 MCU and Video Endpoints register to the same VCS cluster. They are registered to the master VCS in the cluster

- TMS is used for call scheduling

- Each conference scheduled via TMS, gets registered to the VCS with a E.164 number

- Issue is that 2 conf schecduled to start at the same time on TMS were registered to the VCS with the same E.164 number due to which any action performed on the first conf was reflecting in the 2nd. In short, both the conf got intterconnected.

Hi,

for registering the endpoints and MCU, did you use VCS Cluster's domain name (which should be DNS resolvable) or did you use the master VCS ip address or domain name?

Yes.. Used the VCS Cluster fqdn

I assume the conference was not only set up as a dial in conference but also dialing out?

Were both on the same mcu? As you write mse8000 its higly likely that you have more then one

logical mcu.

Maybe somebody had accidentally added the alias of conference 1 to conference 2

or you have some problem in your e164 number plan/transforms/search rules/registrations/prefixes/:..

which caused for example to try to call an endpoint but it ended up on the mcu.

Like: 12345@remote domain and up ad 12345 which is your virtual meeting room.

There are many things, wrongly configured, which cause strange symproms, like

enabled auto conference genertion on the mcu which you use for tms booking,

if people dial in to early they get in a new conference, ...

Conflicting addresses on pre defined virtual meeting rooms with the tms booking,

pre defined participants, ....

Did you still have the conference in tms and the search history on the vcs?

You should check what was set up and what was dialed at the end and what got connected how.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

This can be configuration error on MCU or VCS for that matter. The case needs to be investigated through log files to find out why the conference branched out to two VCSs (I don't know any bug as such with this issue). it cannot simplely identified the information available here, there could many things be wrong with configurations and sometimes lab reconstruction of the scenario is required. so maybe you want to consult TAC to further look into this case.

- Both the conf was setup as Dial-Out from the MCU. However there were some dial-in participants as well in the 2nd Conf

- Both the conf were on the same MCU. the 8510 MCU is a cluster of 3 8510 MCUs which are in an MSE8000 chassis. Calls are always connected on the master MCU.

- We use a unique prefix for the MCU which is different from the prefix used for endpoints and other devices. All the E164 used by the MCU doesnt match the E164 of even a single endpoint

- I dont have the conf on TMS or the Search History on VCS anymore.

I dont think I can replicate this in LAB however I will still try. If issue occurs again I will make sure to grab logs etc and will contact this for forum again.

Many thanks Martin and Ahmad