Views
Helpful
Replies

Always 'On' video conference bridge

Tim Cappel
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I have searched on line and inquired with my internal team, however I haven't found this option. 

What I am looking for is the option to have TMS have a video bridge number that is always open/on.  Essentially no matter what time of day users can call the number, and the bridge would be working.  Does TMS, or another CIsco offering allow this?  Or any other 3rd party possibility?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

In this case, in order to have a permanent conference available to the users all the time, you have two options:

• Create a permanent conference direct on the MCU with the desirable numeric ID; you dont need to schedule the conference in TMS in this case
  • Schedule a conference in TMS whose end time is too far, so that you will have a conference available all the time. The numeric ID will be generated by TMS and you can note that and share with the users

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Not sure how well bulletpoint two performes when you do a reboot of the mcu or tms, ...

Paulos first point is also what I would have listed first.

other methods

* use the Cisco Telepresence Conductor which will work great with Cisco MCU and TelePresence Servers

* on a cisco mcu you can also use a prefix combined with the auto conference create

In short, yes, it works really well with the Cisco products. We are using all three methods and are happy with it :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

Not sure how well bulletpoint two performes when you do a reboot of the mcu or tms, ...

Don't worry about it. I did a test some time ago, it works well.  =)

When you restart TMS, it causes no effect to the conference running into the MCU,  there is no changing. If you restart MCU, obviously, all the endpoints will be disconnected during the restart, however, when MCU comes up back, the conference scheduled via TMS is still there, so that the participants can connect again normally, administrators don't need to do anything else in order to restore the conference.

The conference is deleted from MCU only when you delete it from TMS/MCU or when the end time is reached.

Paulo Souza

Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: