Views
Helpful
Replies

AMX & CODEC & Sony Camera Troubleshooting

JollyBar
Level 1
Level 1

Current Setup:

I have an AMX Part number: FG1010-500FX (we will call this "RX") and a AMX Part number: FG1010-310 (we will call this "TX").

The TX is connected to a Sony PTZ camera, part number: SRG300H, (we will call this "Sony Cam") via a HDMI Connection, to transmit video, and a RS-232 to D-SUB 9 VISCA Serial connector. The RX and TX are connected via a CAT6 ethernet cable utilizing the DXLink port found on both the RX and TX.

The RX is connected to a Cisco SX-80 CODEC (we will call this "CODEC") via the RS-232 connector on the RX to a D-SUB 9 connector on the CODEC and transmits video via the HDMI Connection.

The CODEC is connected to a Cisco Touch 10 panel, Part number: CS-TOUCH10, (we will call this "panel"). The panel is connected to a PoE injector which connects to one of the three LAN ports on the CODEC.

I have the CODEC connected to the HDMI port on the TV and it has a network connection. This current setup allows for video to be transmitted from the camera to the TV and the panel will allow me the options to "Self View", "Maximize", and "Minimize."

Issue:

I currently do not have the ability to control the PTZ on the camera and the panel does not show that the Sony Cam is connected.

Clarifying Information:

The current set-up is using parts from an old Video Conference set-up that was working. We could not use the old set-up due to space constraints. The old Set-up used a AMX DXG (I have not look at the specifics of this device because it will not be utilized in the new set-up) that, from my understanding, acted as a switch board for the AMX devices to transmit signals to the CODEC.

Main Question:

The theory I have now is that, since AMX uses a software that groups devices together, the RX and TX are looking for the DXG to transmit signals to and that that's why I'm not getting PTZ control of the Sony Cam.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JollyBar
Level 1
Level 1

*****SOLVED*****

[Does not require the RX & TX]

Sony Camera: Set Dip Pin 1 to the on position (all other pins will remain in the off position)

Set-up: CODEC + TOUCH PANEL + SONY CAMERA all communicating via a LAN connection. The camera will show on the touch panel and be able to be operated via the panel. The camera will also be detected by the panel.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

JollyBar
Level 1
Level 1

*****SOLVED*****

[Does not require the RX & TX]

Sony Camera: Set Dip Pin 1 to the on position (all other pins will remain in the off position)

Set-up: CODEC + TOUCH PANEL + SONY CAMERA all communicating via a LAN connection. The camera will show on the touch panel and be able to be operated via the panel. The camera will also be detected by the panel.