cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Announcements generated on gateways...

stuart
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my predicament. When a number is bad, the cell phone user travled outside their coverage area, etc, I sometimes do not get back a message from the far-end switch. I would like to generate my own messages instead of relying on the end-points to do this for us. I think it would be nice to hear "All circuits are busy" instead of a loud fast-busy for a "No Circuit" or 34 disconnect code. The other thing that is happening is we will just get back dead-air, but when it's dialed down the PSTN, you find out it is a bad# or cell#.

Is it possible to play announcements based on the disconnect cause codes? Would I use tcl scripts? Has anyone done this and if so how did you implement it?

Thanks.

Stuart

2 Replies 2

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Could you be more specific about the devices you are using for this and the topology ?

Sure, but please respond in "IP Telephony" -- "Announcements instead of dead-air" post. Here is an example of a call flow.

caller dials 011525551234567

caller --> pstnA --> switchA --> voip1 --> voip2 --> voip3(me) --> voip4 --> switchB --> pstnB --> end-user

Each of the "voip" would be some company. So, if this number is a bad number or a cell phone user that has travelled outside of their area a message is usally played to the caller that the end-user cannot be reached. What is happening to me is that I will get "dead-air". I only have control over the voip3 part of the call. I know where the call is coming from and where I am sending it.

Hope that helps.