cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyway to have source appear on both of the dual screens?

rbenincasa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We're attempting to have one of our sources (PC) appear simultaneously on both of our screens, however myself and our tech support here at our school simply cannot figure out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Software: TC6.0.0.876266

Hardware: TANDBERG Profile 65 Dual

Thanks!                  

6 Replies 6

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can do that by creating a custom layout using the tool TC Console. Check this link:

http://developer.cisco.com/web/telepresence-developer/tools/integrators/tc-console

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Ross,

Well the easiest way I could think of would be to assign Monitor Role: First to both the monitors. So whatever you have on the first screen would be replicated to the second screen.

Here are commands which could help. Please be sure to see which are the output ports where the screens are connected.

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 1 MonitorRole: First

xConfiguration Video Output DVI 2 MonitorRole: First

What Paulo has suggested would also work in case if you're using C60 or C90 codecs which supports pushing custom layouts.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar
TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

The only issue is, following your suggestion, he always will have a duplicated image on both displays, even when not sharing a presentation. For example, when not sharing presentation, it is common to see remote side on the first display and selfview on the second display, or wallpaper on the second, many customers like it a lot, if you set both monitors as the first, you will always have a duplicated image of the remote participant on both displays.

I am not telling this is a problem, I am telling that this change will be applied globally. So it is necessary to check what the end user really wants, duplicate when presenting or always duplicating.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Sure Paulo,

I understand your point and agree with you. If the customer is not willing to make a global change, then he would need to take the route of Custom Layouts. However, the only reason why I mentioned the Global settings since he is using a Profile 65 Dual which ships with a CTS Touch Panel along with the device.

If he is using a Touch Panel, the Custom Layouts would be disabled as the Touch takes full control on the OSD and he wont be able to use the features of TC console.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Mubashshir,

Are you sure about that? Because according to release notes of the version TC 6, TC Console custom layouts do work with touch device, see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc6/release_notes/tc_software_release_notes_tc6.pdf

As far as I know, there is no limitation with TC 6 related to TC Console and touch device. If I am losing some point, please let me know.

Regards

Paulo Souza

My bad ! I was not aware that this feature has been introduced in TC6. From the release notes, I can see that the support has been added in TC6 software. Thanks for the correction.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar