cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

API access to webex/teams calling (Codec pro ui modification)

Neil Bowman
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way with a Cisco Codec Pro via the XAPI to launch the "native" applications - Specifically what I'm trying to do is create a "meeting providers" panel which would then have choices for Google, Microsoft Teams, and Webex - so I can reduce the number of buttons on the front page of the codec. I've tried looking through the API guides, and I can see how to hide the buttons, and I've tried an xfeedback for watch for triggered events, but it seems like the native apps are segmented off from the rest of the system.

Any suggestions on how I could do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I dont't think you could have the same experience of native application but, we can try to replicate a "Join Button" per application as I mentioned before.

A dial Button for Webex where you can write the Meeting ID to Join a call

For Teams, I attached a script to rename with .js than Import it to your Macro Editor. It creates a new button on your Panel.

Let me know if it could be useful.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi Neil,

You can give a look to macros that allow you to link to a button a list of Video Conferencing services such as Zoom Chime and so on.

Here some exmples https://roomos.cisco.com/macros or many others you can find on GitHub https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/roomdevices-macros-samples

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Thank you - I did look at the macro repository and didn't see anything specifically for what I'm trying to do, but maybe I'm just missing it. Specifically what I want to do is use the built-in Webex meeting dialer, and Teams Joiner, and Google Meet applications to join the respective apps, but I want to remove the buttons for them from the front page, and place custom buttons to select them on a single panel (button).

Does that help clarify?

Sure you can.

Let me some time to prepare a macro and I’ll post it here

Regards

Carlo

Hi,

Could something like this work for you?

APPS.png

- Create a New Panel with 2 buttons

- On Button 1 specify Teams_Meeting as Widget ID

- On Button 2 specify join_zoom as Widget ID

Add the two attached Macro to your macro editor.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Carlo

Good morning Carlos - this is about half right... the panel is what I'm looking for, however the macros are not (at least not the teams one... we don't use zoom so not sure on that one). I'm working currently with a room kit (a.k.a mini / roombar) and the web view method you used for teams does not appear on the tablet. What I'm trying to do is mimic the functionality of the native apps as close as possible (preferably just USING the native apps, but calling them from a different page). I've included 2 screenshots of the native button, and the app it loads ... I'm just trying to move that exact app (with a new button, I know I can't have the webex icon) on to a sub page.

Native Button:

webex_button.png

Native App:webex_native.jpg

Hi,

I dont't think you could have the same experience of native application but, we can try to replicate a "Join Button" per application as I mentioned before.

A dial Button for Webex where you can write the Meeting ID to Join a call

For Teams, I attached a script to rename with .js than Import it to your Macro Editor. It creates a new button on your Panel.

Let me know if it could be useful.

Regards

Carlo

Thank you Carlo - I was afraid the answer would be that we couldn't "move" the native apps, but I appreciate the information on how to create our own versions via macro / ui. I'll play around with these and let you know if I have any other questions.

Hi Neil,

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

If you want you can hide native apps and use macros it jus requires some programming.

Yes please play around with that macro and let me know if you need some other hints .

Thanks again

Regards

Carlo