cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Answer will NOT stay on after power cycle or reset - C20 TC7.3.0 UCM 10.5SU1 registration

Ryan Rice
Level 4
Level 4

As the title suggests, I've got 2 C20 codecs running the latest 7.3.0 code I can download registered to UCM 10.5.1 SU1.  Power cycling or resetting them causes the auto-answer to default to off.  There is still no way to change auto-answer from within UCM, and TMS cannot manage the device anymore.

I've found a couple of instances of this with older TC and UCM code, but it seems this issue continues today.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Ryan -

I'm on my phone so I can't look at the documentation for TelePresence endpoints on CUCM 10.5, but this discussion might help. 

cucm-registered-endpoints-switch-auto-answer-automatically

Saw that and it ended up being the right direction, but since I was on a different version I wasn't able to use that device pack.

So, I found out the following from TAC:

Auto-Answer became a configurable field presented to UCM in TC7.2.x, but the appropriate management fields on the web pages didn't become available until later in the device pack. I read through a couple of device pack readme's and I didn't see anything related, but sure enough installing 10.5.1.11005-2 presented the fields and that works fine now.