Views
Helpful
Replies

BFCP from MCU for encrypted calls

tunderhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I know this has been discussed before regarding the CUCM in particular earlier this year:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4001153#4001153 

We have a set up using VCS (7.2), Conductor (2.2) and MCU (4.4) where we need SIP content on encrypted calls for dual-display systems using BFCP because Conductor is SIP only.  It's not acceptable to disable encyrption on the MCU for all types of calls as a workaround. 

From the 4.4 release notes:

Binary Floor Control Protocol on encrypted calls:

The transmission of SIP content from the MCU using Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) is not supported on encrypted calls. To allow content to be transmitted over SIP calls in a separate channel from main video, you should disable encryption on the MCU or on the target endpoint.

Is anyone aware of a planned fix for this?

Many thanks

Trevyn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the target for this implementation will be in 4.5.  The date of which this release will be public is August (Tentative), but the SW is currently EFT, so you can maybe sign up and test it out if you wish. 

VR

Patrick

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the target for this implementation will be in 4.5.  The date of which this release will be public is August (Tentative), but the SW is currently EFT, so you can maybe sign up and test it out if you wish. 

VR

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: