Views
Helpful
Replies

Bi Directional USB Audio Between BIAMP X800 and Cisco Codec Plus

IsaacOwen1984
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am being told by a consultant that this will work and I am looking for conformation that it is supported in the latest Cisco Codec Plus firmware?

In the Codec Plus Admin guide (https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce915/codec-plus-administrator-guide-ce915.pdf) There is a brief mention of Audio USB Mode but it is not convincing me this will work.

Screenshot 2022-01-13 113040.jpg

6 Replies 6

This post looks to be a year and a half old with no response I am in a very similar situation and looking for support as it relates to Biamp USB. Shure is compatible and there's quite a bit of great documentation to support this compatibility Cisco | Shure - Shure USA

IsaacOwen1984
Level 1
Level 1

It is possible, we did it. We had to use a Crestron RMC4 for Mute status sync between VC and the MXA910 mics though.

Programmer had set RMC to subscribe for mute status from Cisco codec, then send command to Biamp, to mute mics.

I'm attempting to use the USB connection only on a ForteX400 Cisco Webex UC integration - Biamp Cornerstone

We shall see how it goes 

Hey no problem. Please post your findings here afterwards - People need to know about this one.

We are putting in the same setup now. How did the USB option go? Looks like it may only be for synching mute and audio still has to go analog?

The Biamp EX-UBT & ForteX series DSPs support bi-directional Audio and Mute logic over a single USB connection for Bar, Bar Pro, Kit EQ & Kit Pro. So oo the Shure P300 and Q-sys Core Nano. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: