cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 and a Studio camera

rj6992001
Level 1
Level 1

Can a C40 (or any other Cisco Telepresence device for that matter) use any camera other than a Cisco Telepresence Precision camera?

I've got a Sony studio camera I'd like to plug directly into the C40. In the past I've used scalers/switchers and other A/V gear to accommodate the studio camera, but I cannot use any other gear for my next upcoming event. 

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We do this all the time for special events, you can use any camera you want as long as the video signal being sent to the codec is progressive format, such as 720p or 1080p for example, as it doesn't support interlaced format such as 720i or 1080i.  If the video is not progressive format, you'll need to use a converter, refer to the C40 Data Sheet for the list of supported resolutions.

Thanks so much for the response Patrick. On my initial attempt, it wouldn't work. I'll need to re-check the config of the codec and the camera and get back to you. 

I also purchased the Premium Res option but I now know that only has to do with what res the codec is "sending out" to the far end. I mistakenly thought it was intended to accomodate a higher res camera.