cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 audio settings keep changing

Aaron Wilson
Level 5
Level 5

I have had this happen 3 times now and its driving me nuts. It occurs about once a month, long enough that nothing is stored in the log files.

Some how the Mic 1 & 2 inputs keep getting switched from line level to mic level. After the first time I upgraded to 7.2.1 and after the second time I factory reset.

The system is password protected, registered to CUCM and managed by TMS. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Has anyone else seen this occur before? I have other C40s and none of them have ever done this. Only this one unit.

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you perhaps have a configuration template defined in TMS (or CUCM) that is getting pushed out regularly (or even by someone manually) to the device?

Or, if you don't, you could use one to try to fix it on a regular basis.  While not a solution to the actual cause of the issue, it could help with your frustration.

Similar to all your other C40s, none of the ones I have experience this issue, so, other than a template, or it not keeping its settings following a power outage (possibly faulty unit), I can't think of much that will cause this behaviour.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

No TMS templates, can't use them anyway since the systems are imported via CUCM publishers in TMS (option is grayed out to apply template).

I don't see anywhere in CUCM to specify these values. The power loss is a good thought, but I would expect other settings to go to default as well. Worth a shot at least....thanks!