Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 Codec - Loading .txt backup file

ken-learning
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have received a repaired C40. Now I have been asked to load the backup file (.txt) to the video conferencing unit. Could someone please explain me how to load the backup.txt file to the codec?

I do not have TMS, I can use PUTTY to login into the C40, however not sure what command line to use to load the .txt file. Thank you

3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Let me move this post to Telepresence community in order to get TP experts' attention. This community is for Cisco Webex Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products.

I hope this will help you get the answers you need.

-Dejan

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You can, depending on the software version, do this from the web gui; Maintenance/Backup and Restore

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can do it via putty - you'd just copy and paste the content of the text file in to the putty window (the text file backup is just a bunch of xconfiguration commands).

But as Jens has indicated - the easiest way to accomplish what you're trying to do iis via the Web Interface and using the Restore option.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.