Views
Helpful
Replies

CALL FAILED ON EX60

charles cronin
Level 1
Level 1

Have a head scratcher for you....

We have an EX60 with TC7.0 on it.  System is pulling an IP via DHCP.  Every time I dial I receive "Failed Call" ...

I have another EX60 with TC7.1 on it.  System pulled the same IP (using the same port) Call successful. 

Verified settings match.  Removed Voice switched VLAN from the port. 

Can't putty into it due to the screwed up cable capability of this system ... would make a great boat anchor ...:)

Don't have a cable to putty.

Also performed two factory resets and still get Call Failed.... looking at RMA ?? 

Any help is appreciated ...

VR

Chet

2 Replies 2

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

What type of call are you attempting in each case (Auto/H323/SIP)?  This is my first thought, based on what you say; is one call attempting SIP and the other H323?

Are these devices registering with a call manager (CUCM or VCS)?

Have you looked at the web interface on the units to verify settings? 

Have you tried upgrading both units to the same software version? 

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Given one works and one doesn't there's very likely a difference in the configuration, or, there's something in the software version that's causing the problem.  Are you able to update the one that doesn't work (TC7.0) to a newer software version (ie TC7.1 like the other one has)?

It's unlikely that you'll be able to just RMA it without trying a newer software version first.

There is a bug that I logged almost 2 years ago, originally in TC6.3, but also present in TC7.0.x, that affects the dialing, especially when the default call protocol is set to the default setting of "Auto".  See CSCum27379.

The work around is to set the default call protocol on the endpoint to H.323 if that is what you're using.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.