Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 Directory Search Issue

Dergo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a single CUCM (11.0.1.10000-10) with various Telepresence devices registered to it. We have imported users with various contact details into the CUCM user directory from a VCS/TMS environment so that the devices on the CUCM have a corporate directory with all users info.

We are having a problem with DX80's (sipdx80.10-2-2-23, Android v4.1.1) in that when you search through the corporate directory if you wish to search for a user whose first or last name involves a space (eg. First name "John T" Last name "Smith") you cannot narrow the search for this user on the dx80 past the space. (eg. You can search for John and Smith, but if you enter John T, the entry disappears.) From my own discovery I have noticed that in this case I can search for "John%20T" and the search returns the user as expected.

UPDATE: It appears as if the DX80 sees the space input as a delimiter for first and last name so in the example above searching for "John Smith" will still return this user as the DX starts matching the last name.

By this I assume the DX80 actually requires URL encoding to recognise the space in the corporate directory search. Has anyone encountered this issue/discovered a workaround? We have quite a few entries in the directory with spaces in either first or last names and it is going to cause issues when we decide to roll DX80's out wide.

Note: Have not got this issue on Jabber on iPad but haven't got any other endpoint type on CUCM to test.

Thanks,

Darcy

0 Replies 0