Views
Helpful
Replies

Call to a Cloud-based Room Connector without VCS

jbui
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to make a call to a cloud-based Room Connector from a C20 without the endpoint being registered to VCS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Since you're capitalizing "Room Connector" I'm going to guess you're talking about Zoom? This would really be more of a question for them, but a Cisco C20 on the public internet (not registered) is capable of dialing an IP address or URI via H.323 (endpoint does need to have a DNS server configured of course for URI). I would just check with Zoom on how you call into them - that I don't know. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Spark is SIP only, so calling from a standalone C20 using H323 would require something to interwork between the two protocols, such as a VCS.  You could also utilize WebEx Meeting Center to host the conference as it supports both H323 and SIP.

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Since you're capitalizing "Room Connector" I'm going to guess you're talking about Zoom? This would really be more of a question for them, but a Cisco C20 on the public internet (not registered) is capable of dialing an IP address or URI via H.323 (endpoint does need to have a DNS server configured of course for URI). I would just check with Zoom on how you call into them - that I don't know.