Views
Helpful
Replies

Camera Connection Problem: Telepresence Quickset C20

samkjones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Hopefully this should be a fairly simple problem to solve.

We have recently purchased a Telepresence Quickset C20. A C20 Codec, Mic and HD Precision Camera came with it and it was set up for us by another organisation.

Yesterday i needed to disconnect the camera from the Codec. I first disconnected the HDMI cable, then reconnected it to make sure that it hadn't done any harm and i continued to get video from the camera onto the screen - so this was fine.

I then disconnected the camera controller cable from the camera. Ever since then i've lost the link between the camera and the codec. I've tried rebooting the Codec but it doesn't seem to make any difference, it won't find the camera.

I'm sure this can't be that complex to fix, but it doesn't appear to be covered in any of the user guide/trouble shooting material. How do i get the codec to recognise that there is a camera connected to it again?

Thanks very much for any help given

Sam

14 Replies 14

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have another working codec and camera you could do the following to test if it is either the camera or the codec has issues or failed.

1. Connect to the C20 to the good camera, to check if the codec is good or if it's faulty.
  2. Connect to the camera in question to the good codec, to check if the camera is good or if it's faulty.
  3. Take the VISCA cable from the working codec and camera and try swapping it with the other codec.

I recently had a similar issue just as this, but in our case, both the codec and the cameras (2 cameras) failed, when tested with a seperate working codec and cameras.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks very much for the response. Unfortunately we only have one Codec and 1 Camera. It was only installed a month or two ago, so i wouldn't expect any faults with either and it was working fine yesterday morning before i removed the cable.

All i did was unplug the RJ45 cable from the camera, plugged it back in 5mins later and it hasn't worked since.

Any more ideas would be great.

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

What Patrick mentioned is correct !! Could you also let us know what is the software version on the C20 and also if the camera in question is 4X or 12X camera ??

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

I believe it is a 4X camera.

How would i go about finding out the software version?

Thanks

The software number is TC5.1.0.280662.

Thanks

Sam

Edit:

I don't know if it helps, but i have power to the camera, the green light is on, but it no longer flashes when i use the remote and the camera no longer moves when i turn the codec on and off.

Hi Samuel,

We have seen this problem recently, this is caused in Precision HD 4X cameras. Please upgrade the codec to TC 5.1.4 and in order to fix the camera, please go through this document:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-25123

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Thank you very much for the help.

How do i go about up updating the software?

You can download the latest software from ftp://ftp.tandberg.com/.

You can then login to the GUI of the codec and upgrade the codec by going into Maintenance -> Software Upgrade.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Apologies for my ignorance,  but how do i get on the the GUI of the codec? Does this involve accessing it via an IP address and a web browser because i don't think that's very easy with my works network configuration.

Thanks very much

Hi Samuel,

Yes, you need to open a web browser and then type in the IP address of your codec. Please make sure that you are able to access it. Once done, you can go to Maintenance and choose Software Upgrade.

On the next page, you would find an option where you need to choose the file. Here, you need to choose the file downloaded from Tandberg FTP provided on my previous post.

You can check these screenshots for better clarity.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

Thanks for this, unfortunately i cannot get to the interface through a web browser using the IP address. This is blocked by the network of the company i work for. I get this error:

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://131.251.235.3/

The following error was encountered:

• Connection Failed

The system returned:

(111) Connection refused

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

I can ping the IP using the command line, but i can't open it in a web browser.

Is there anothr way on to the GUI? ie. can i connect a laptop directly to the Codec?

Otherwise i may have to give up and contact our IT department/the company who installed the system for us.

Thanks again for all your help.

Can you try to SSH or telnet into it ??

Please make sure that the device is up and running and only then you would be able to access it. When I saw this is on a public IP, I tried pinging but it did not work. If this does not work for you, you will need to access the unit from the local network so that you can upgrade it. If you're not onsite, you can direct one of the site contact to do it.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

I've just tried using putty to SSH and to telnet, but neither worked. I got to a command line login screen on SSH, but then didn't know the username and it wouldn't let me type in a password.

I am on site connected to the local network which i why i think pinging works for me.

I think i will have to speak to the IT support staff on monday to see if they can be of any assistance. Do you have a direct email address that i can contact? I'm sure we will need more help with this.

Thanks again for all the support, its most appreciated.

Sam

samkjones
Level 1
Level 1

Just an update on this. I turned off the system over the weekend (turned the codec off at the back) and turned it back on this morning and it's now all working again. I'd tried turning it off and on previously and it didn't help, so i don't know what's changed. Obviously the weekend rest did it some good.

Thanks again for all the help.

Sam