cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can cloud registered/spark DX80's as endpoints for video portal?

mjones-amh
Level 1
Level 1

I am would like to setup a video portal between cloud registered DX80's at 2 locations that would auto connect point to point or connect to webex teams meeting on a schedule (8am-5pm).  This would allow users from either location to be able to walk up and have a conversation in a huddle room. 

Ultimately, I want to use a cloud registered Webex board or RoomKit as the end points. 

Has anyone set this up via macros or xAPI with cloud registered devices?  I wanted to check with the community in order to avoid reinventing a wheel. 

It seems straight forward but I have run into a number of limitations due to the cloud registrations. 

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Once you have the endpoint registered to the Cisco Webex Cloud, all calls are handled by that call control platform, you can't then use a different call control to connect them directly, and if you're going to use a Webex Board later, then all calls have to be done with the Webex Cloud.  

You could possibly use the Webex Scheduler to schedule the meeting between the two devices.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.