Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Add another Participant with C40 Codec with MultiSIte license

philllittlely
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have never had the need to create a Multipoint call using our C40 until now and have noticed that the option to add another participant is greyed out.

The Status Page of the C40 mentions we have the Multisite option installed. I have tried with the setting set to Multisite and MultiWay but still no option to add another person. I thought we could have upto 4 participants on the same call?

Cheers

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How many people are you trying to add into the Multisite conference?

You are correct, you can have up to 4 participants, but that is including the endpoint hosting the conference, so it's really 3 participants + 1 (host) = 4.

We are only trying to have Three Participants total in the call - including the host C40

Is your device managed by a CUCM or similar that may be affecting the default operation of the device?  Or, perphaps it's registered to a VCS where the zone it's in is limited by bandwidth and pipes to only allow a single call?

Another thing you could check is whether the call rate of the first call using all the available bandwidth? (ie, your first call is set to DefaultCall Rate 6000 and the MaxTransmitCallRate is also 6000, so there is no bandwidth available for a second call.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I've checked the max call rate and it is currently set to 6000 for both the Transmit and Receive max call rates. And the Total transmit and receive max call rates is set to 10000. The first call I'm making is set to 768kbps so I don't believe the call rate is being maxed out.

The C40 is listed in our CUCM under the Device > Phone menu option. I would be unsure though of what setting in here would restrict the amount of calls

From the Administering TC endpoints on CUCM Guide:

About ad hoc conferencing

To enable ad hoc conferencing the Cisco Unified CM must be set up with a Conference Bridge (media resources), and the conference bridge must be added as a Cisco Telepresenc MCU in Cisco Unified CM.

The ad hoc conference setup can be verified by running the following command on the endpoint (codec):
xStatus Conference Multipoint Mode

CUCMMediaResourceGroupList: Multiparty conferences (adhoc conferences) will be hosted by the Cisco Unified CM configured conference bridge.
Any other result <Auto/Off/MulitSite/MultiWay> indicates that the codec is not configured for ad hoc conferences on Cisco Unified CM.

The codec built in bridge setup can be verified by running the following command on the endpoint:
xStatus Conference UseBuiltInBridge

False: The CUCM ad hoc conferencing mode is used.
True: The internal built in bridge on the endpoint is used. Calls will not escalate to any external media resource.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

What bandwidth are you using when you try to call/add each participant?  Is the total under the max bandwidth the C40 can have which is 6 Mbps?

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Also, make sure your Configuration --> Conference --> Multipoint Mode is set to Multisite, not Off, on the endpoint's configuration webpage.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: