cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot create new Tandberg Movi users after administrator left...

jimstumbo
Level 1
Level 1

We are running a little older version of the Tandberg TMS (12.6).  It uses OpenDS.  Problem is that the person that installed it, and configured it, and administered it, has left the company.  If we disable his AD account, and try to add new users to a security group and then try to sync that group in provisioning in TMS, it will not get the new users.  If we re-enable his account, then try to sync again, it imports the users accounts in and they can use movi/jabber.  Trying to figure out where he username could be set.  I checked in the Active Directory section in Network settings, and it has our service account.  Any idea where his account could be where it is keying off it to import new users successfully?

TIA              

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's been a little while since I've touched a version of TMS that is using TMS Agent Legacy as it's now called, but I'd advise to check the following guide, page 20.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/config_guide/Cisco_TMS_Provisioning_Deployment_Guide_13-0.pdf

I'd also looking into update your version of TMS to 14.x and upgrade to TMSPE to replace the old TMS Agent that uses OpenDS.

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

When importing users from AD for Jabber accounts, you use a different page, you should check the provisioning directory page. In TMS 12.6, I guess this page is located in System >> Provisioning >> Directory. Take a look at the session External Source Configuration, you will find the credentials used to import users from AD.

I hope this help.

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".