Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot register Room Kit Mini

JIBB-Guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone, 

I'm trying to register my Room Kit Mini but it doesn't connect to Webex services when trying to activate the device after a factory reset. The device is running version ce 9.9.2 f2110f7eda7 2019-12-17. It stays stuck on activating after entering an activation code but does not complete it. I have been able to activate other devices fine with the same connection.

I have tried to figure out if we could locally update it to a compatible OS version as I assumed the current version might be outdated. But Cisco officially recommends auto-updating via the device https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/idba5c/RoomOS-software-upgrades. 

Ultimately, I need to know how to register a Cisco device running version ce 9.9.2 f2110f7eda7 2019-12-17.

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Have you tried to upgrade the device via WebGUI first to a RoomOS version?

Hi @b.winter, thanks for the reply. How would I upgrade the device without registering the device first, it gets stuck trying to activate it.

Download the upgrade file from the cisco downloads page and upload it via the web browser using the IP of the endpoint.

username should be „admin“ with empty pwd.

I've tried going there to download but this error is coming up?

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 8.47.24 am.png

Hi ,

To download firmware from Cisco Software Central, you need a service contract for the device you are trying to upgrade.

Did you register other Room Kit mini with the same firware?

Please let us know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

No, the other room kit mini was running a different, more recent firmware, it had no issues connecting with the Webex services and registering.