cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot upgrade TC6.2 and earlier to TC7.3

Rachael Mast
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who's seen this problem, but I noticed that trying to upgrade a C-series endpoint from TC6.2 and earlier to TC7.3, the upgrade gets hung on Installing post hooks from install pkg.  I've had to reboot the codec manually, upgrade it to TC6.3 before upgrading to TC7.3.

Anyone else having this problem or know why it occurs?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alex Andruszkiw
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure you are upgrading using the correct pkg file:

s52000tcx_x_x.pkg is for the C series codecs

s52010tcx_x_x.pkg is for the SX20 generation codecs

s52020tcx_x_x.pkg is for the SX80 generation codecs

Also try updating it to the latest s52000tc6.3.4.pkg first before proceeding to the v7.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Alex Andruszkiw
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure you are upgrading using the correct pkg file:

s52000tcx_x_x.pkg is for the C series codecs

s52010tcx_x_x.pkg is for the SX20 generation codecs

s52020tcx_x_x.pkg is for the SX80 generation codecs

Also try updating it to the latest s52000tc6.3.4.pkg first before proceeding to the v7.

Rachael Mast
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Alex,

But yes, I'm using the correct software type for the C Series endpoints.  SX20's have no issues upgrading from TC6.x to TC7.3.3.  C-Series (C20's, C40's, etc) get hung up at Installing post hooks from installed package.  Usually after an hour of staring at that, I realize, it's not going to finish and I have to physically reboot the vtc system.  Once it comes back up, I step it to TC6.3.  After it finishes, I can successfully install TC7.3.3.

My question was why I have to step it from TC6.2 to TC6.3 before upgrading to TC7.3.  Is this a bug anyone else has seen?

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only bug that I found that mentions post install hooks were CSCur68193, not sure if it's what you're facing, but that was mentioned in TC7.0.2.  It's been awhile since I've upgraded away from TC6, but don't recall having any issues, though I never did do a jump from one major release to another skipping several releases such as what you're doing.