cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caps Exchange for SX80 (does it require wireshark to see?)

matt mcfetridge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to see VTC caps exchanges within an endpoint (either via command line or in one of the logs)? I'm trying to isolate why Bluejeans and an SX80 aren't using H.264 HP, and OPUS audio and instead only use H.264 main, and G.722. I know BJN does support HP and OPUS, but apparently it looks like it's only their plugin client. I'd like to verify though and see whats happening at the start of a call. Endpoints aren't registered to CUCM or VCS--just direct dialing to simply the various points of failure for testing.

I vaguely remember you could do PCAP's from root on the C series before they locked that functionality out about 4 years ago on command line.

thanks!

mwm

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Root access was removed in TC7, but you can still do packet captures by enabling extended logging.

• TC software: Diagnostics > Log Files
  • CE software: Maintenance > System Logs

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Root access was removed in TC7, but you can still do packet captures by enabling extended logging.

• TC software: Diagnostics > Log Files
  • CE software: Maintenance > System Logs
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: