Views
Helpful
Replies

CE9 log in to personal phonebook

RITT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to configure TelePresence endpoints such as DX and SX to use the same personal phone book as 8841 or 8845 endpoints?

If a user logs in using extension mobility to a 8841 or 8845 they can then log into there personal Directory. When they log into a DX or SX they can only access the corporate directory.

I notice in CUCM that there is an "Alternative Phonebook Server address" under Device - Phone for CE devices. I have tried a couple of different URLs in this field but none of them work. It does however stop the DX/SX displaying the corporate directory, so it's doing something.

Has anyone had any success configuring this?

Many Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I wouldn’t bet on it. PAB hasn’t been enhanced since CUCM ran on Windows and that was ages ago. I suggest using favorites on CE code endpoints as the nearest equivalent. Another option would be Jabber in deskphone control mode with Custom Contacts. These allow a user to create buddy list entries on their Jabber client that work for click-to-dial only, not IM&P.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
That setting is used if you want to provide TMS-style phonebooks instead of the CUCM UDS Corporate Directory. To my knowledge, PAB is not supported on CE code.

Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully this feature will be included in a later release.

I wouldn’t bet on it. PAB hasn’t been enhanced since CUCM ran on Windows and that was ages ago. I suggest using favorites on CE code endpoints as the nearest equivalent. Another option would be Jabber in deskphone control mode with Custom Contacts. These allow a user to create buddy list entries on their Jabber client that work for click-to-dial only, not IM&P.