cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Cisco Telepresence Server operating mode consequences

Douglas Baggett
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CISCO Telepresence server that is currently operating in locally managed mode, if you change it to remote and I add it to my TMS, will I lose all of my locally created permament conference rooms? (will they get deleted?)

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI Douglas.  TS Blade doesn't need to be in remote managed mode for it to be managed by TMS.  This mode is used for management like Telepresense Conductor.

When this was introduced, was in 3.0 TS. 

Release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/ts/release_note/Cisco_Telepresence_Server_Release_Notes_3-0_2-24.pdf

Page 2 pretty much answers your questions here. 

If your not using Conductor or using your own API program to use TS in this mode, its best to leave in locally managed mode, and add the system to TMS and let it manage it that way.  This is the normal mode of operation if using TMS.  Leave in locally managed mode, add it to TMS and you can book meetings etc against it using TMS.  If auto discovery is enabled in TMS, your permanent meetings should appear in CCC. 

Hope this helps. 

VR

Patrick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Remote managed mode is ideal using it behind Conductor. If you switch it you lose the ability to schedule conferences etc on the unit itself. If you dont have Conductor Id suggest you leave it in local managed mode. If you have Conductor and TS is behind it you can create alias's in Conductor with the same numbers and you should be ok.

To answer your question , you move to remote managed mode the perm confs you have will not be visible and settings do change..

VR
P2

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Actually, the idea was to have it managed by TMS.

When you say "they will not be visible" do you mean that they are unavailable for people to join? I'd like to start managing the TP MCU blade using TMS but I have a bunch of permament meeting rooms I've set up for divisions inside of my organization.

I'm wondering if after changing it to remote mode and letting TMS manage it, will I have to recreate all of those permament rooms?

thanks!

HI Douglas.  TS Blade doesn't need to be in remote managed mode for it to be managed by TMS.  This mode is used for management like Telepresense Conductor.

When this was introduced, was in 3.0 TS. 

Release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/ts/release_note/Cisco_Telepresence_Server_Release_Notes_3-0_2-24.pdf

Page 2 pretty much answers your questions here. 

If your not using Conductor or using your own API program to use TS in this mode, its best to leave in locally managed mode, and add the system to TMS and let it manage it that way.  This is the normal mode of operation if using TMS.  Leave in locally managed mode, add it to TMS and you can book meetings etc against it using TMS.  If auto discovery is enabled in TMS, your permanent meetings should appear in CCC. 

Hope this helps. 

VR

Patrick

Thanks! That answers my question completly!