Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CMS 3.3 HA

scr.sybex1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I Configure 3 CMS server (3 database cluster component, 2 callbridge node enable) for CMS HA. the following configuration is done:

** Configuring DB Cluster

** Configuring Callbridge Cluster

** Configuring Webbridge

the question is that is CMS support HA or not? (Cause when i disconnected the network of one CMS Callbridge all the calls that is on this server is getting disconnected(SIP Call, Web App))

is there any HA mechanism like CUCM cluster that send all connection to other CMS when on server is fail?

is the clustering just for increasing conference capacity?

I appreciate if someone refer me to a doc that says if HA mechanism is like cucm or not or it just for increasing capacity and load balancing.

or if i made mistake in configuration please let me know the problem.

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

please check the documentation of CMS. There are deployment guides, whitepapers and such stuff (like this here: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/White_papers/Load-balancing-calls-across-Meeting-Servers-3-2-white-paper.pdf)

As per Cisco documentation, callbridge cluster is not for HA, it's for scalability and resilience.

Active calls aren't passed to other callbridges in case of a failure.

View solution in original post

Please accept posts as solution, if the post answers your question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

please check the documentation of CMS. There are deployment guides, whitepapers and such stuff (like this here: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/White_papers/Load-balancing-calls-across-Meeting-Servers-3-2-white-paper.pdf)

As per Cisco documentation, callbridge cluster is not for HA, it's for scalability and resilience.

Active calls aren't passed to other callbridges in case of a failure.

Please accept posts as solution, if the post answers your question.