Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CMS display participants on Cisco Jabber MRA

Risat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We have CMS installed working fine, an external Jabber user (Jabber MRA) can join a CMS conference successfully, but he cannot see the participants list on his jabber client.

However please note we can see the participant list if we join the conference from Jabber internally (Not MRA).

I am wondering if this option is available in Jabber MRA, anybody has any idea on this ?

2 Replies 2

lior look
Level 5
Level 5

I think the participant list is show by ix protocol,  have you try to see if the exp-c has support this  feature? or try testing that by open this feature under the sip profile of the exp-c

be aware that if you encrypt your channels, cms will negotiate ix by DTLS encryption protocol but the expressway doesn't support DTLS

Hi Lior,

Thanks for your reply, you are right this is done using iX protocol, I had opened a tac case and they told to upgrade expressway servers to x12.5.4 or later and Enable end-to-end encryption of endpoints

I did this, but after enabling encryption i was not able to login from Jabber MRA, cisco suggested either I have to login internally first and then without resetting use jabber from outside (I couldn't try this option due to some limitation in the site), or second option enable SIP OAuth on the CUCM, this option is there in CUCM 12.5 onwards. I am in the process of upgrading our CUCM now.

Any other thoughts please ??