cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO D9034 ENCODER

maksim.tomassov
Level 1
Level 1

We have a problem with D9034 encoder, it started to show "a general hardware error has occured" Does it mean we have to send it to the technician or it's the matter of resetting the unit a special way?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just want to inform that we have managed to fix the above mentioned problem. Of course, it took us to find a good electronics' repairshop. The problem was with the power controler chips that work with the main encoders' microchips (located on the main(base) board) They are easily accessed.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's highly likely that this is not something you can fix and you should log an RMA with Cisco TAC.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I can explain how this problem has occurred. However it could be a coincidence.

We used the encoder at our tv station supplying that with SDI SD signal from Decklink card's SDI output.

Our technician accidentally switched the output to SDI HD, then the encoder stopped to function after a couple of minutes.

4 0 Power-up self-test failed Critical A
11 2 Power supply failure Major B
25 0 A general hardware error has occurred Critical A
83 0 Front panel unlocked Warning None
116 0 EDH input loss Major None
122 0 VII error Major None
153 0 H264 encoder: Internal encoding error Major B

With the first three errors on that list, your device is looking very much in need of a replacement.  As I mentioned before, you should log a call with the Cisco TAC to organise for an RMA.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Well, perhaps you are right. The first 2 errors can be easily cleared when the second AC 220V power cord is plugged in. When you remove SDI signal from SDI in of the encoder, 116 and 122 errors change to SDI signal loss, which is okay. However the 3rd and the last ones remains as they are :(

Also, the challenge is that the encoder was purchased from the second market, so we have to go thru "the process with CISCO.", which is obvious very costly to us.

which is obvious very costly to us

You'll just have to weigh up whether that cost is worth it to you and work out what's best:

1) go without the device

2) pay for a service contract, then RMA it

3) buy another one

Wayne

I just want to inform that we have managed to fix the above mentioned problem. Of course, it took us to find a good electronics' repairshop. The problem was with the power controler chips that work with the main encoders' microchips (located on the main(base) board) They are easily accessed.

csystemLTD
Level 1
Level 1

Can give us more accurate information about the power controller chips