Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Telephony Devices Provisioning Error

Aamacias1974
Level 1
Level 1

Error Message: See Screen shot.

Just upgraded the Codec from TC7.3.6 to CE 8.2.2, the unit was working fine before the upgrade.

When I enable provisioning with CUCM the Certs from CUCM do not download and the URI goes away. It then becomes unregistered.

Troubleshooting the firewall is not blocking port 6970

Switch port info

Both ports are up and allow vlan 853.

VLAN ID : 853

Name : VLAN853

Voice : No

Jumbo : No

Port Information Mode     Unknown VLAN Status

---------------- -------- ------------ ----------

1                Tagged   Learn        Up

7                Untagged Learn        Up

MAC Addresses on each port.

649ef3-5791a1   port 7

64f69d-66dffb   port 13

Not seeing any traffic on port 13

Error.PNG

SX20 Config.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ultimately you can just factory reset the device and follow the On-Screen provisioning wizard. At least then there should not be any conflicting configurations.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There has been a lot of changes from TC7.3.6 to CE8.2.2. Did you try to delete the certificates and then try to re-provision? You do that from the web interface Security -> Certificates -> CUCM and press the delete button.

If you need to know what is happening I recommend ssh into the endpoint, configure up the provisioning with External Manager (CUCM address) and Provisioning Mode to CUCM.

Type:

log ctx PROV debug 9

Then

xConfiguration Provisioning Mode: Off
log output on
xConfiguration Provisioning Mode: CUCM

Now you should see the message flow between the CUCM and the Endpoint. It might tell you why it cant be provisioned properly.

/Magnus

Ultimately you can just factory reset the device and follow the On-Screen provisioning wizard. At least then there should not be any conflicting configurations.

/Magnus

I did a factory reset and ran into a few issues of the unit not taking the upgraded software. We are doing one more factory reset!