cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Profile 65 lcd screen is flickering when turned on

Ali Ali
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Profile 65 lcd screen and is flickering when turned on. laptop is connected directly to hdmi 1 orange input

it makes noise whilst flickring and eventually goes black. When hdmi is plugged out green light only shows.

what is the solution??

9 Replies 9

Yusuke Yoshinaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ali Ali,

Profile 65" Monitors manufactured in 2012 could be prone to the hardware problem.

If you are hitting it, the failure monitors has to be replaced.

If you have a Service Contract, please contact Cisco TAC and open a new case.

Regards,

Yusuke

Are they replaced without charge due to the services flaw?

and what exactly is wrong with the hardware?

The problem symptom is caused by a combination of inverter card connectors and a cable connecting inside of the unit.

Now the bad units are cleared from stock level, so replacement units don't have the issue.

I don't think Cisco does offer the replacement without service contract.

I do not have a service contract and so is there a temporary fix that you could suggest?

how do i change the input source to vga it is at hdmi1 the monitor is P6501C

Please let me check some details.

Are you using Profile 65 Dual Monitor model? or Single Monitor model?

You connect your laptop PC to the HDMI output port on Profile 65?

The HDMI output is for Profile 65 Main Display. I couldn't understand how "profile 65 lcd screen is flickering" with laptop connected to HDMI port on Profile 65...

Please let me know what exactly you want to do.

I am using the single monitor model. Laptop is connected to the main hdmi 1 tandberg setup port on the monitor directly.

When the monitor is turned on the monitor works then after 3 minutes or so it starts to flicker and never stops. If the monitor is turned off and on it is still flickering. I have to wait like 10 minutes then put it on but at this point it will work then after 3 Mims or so again it will start to flicker.

If the port if changed to vga would this be fixed and how do I change this?

hi, when the monitor now is turned on it flickers for 5 seconds then goes really dark.