Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Room Bar Pro with MTR software - options for calling CMS

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi!

As title suggests, Room Bar pro (or any newer generation device for that matter, that supports MTR software), is there any way for it to call into CMS meeting (OBTP and webRTC also acceptable)? CUstomer has native Cisco Meeting Server infrastructure, and now wants to buy couple of MS Teams enabled devices, but I am afraid he will end up having two separate pools of devices and people will have to memorize which room is for what

tnx and BR 

Goran

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Only if you have B2B calling set up via Expressway and all the relevant dial-plans to route calls to CMS.
E.g. on the device you call something like "cms.space@yourcompany.com". This call reaches Expressway and routes the call to CMS, as a standard SIP-call.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway/213864-configure-business-to-business-audio-and.html

Your devices are cloud registered, so there is no direct connection to CMS anymore.
You cannot have the advantages of both worlds, without disadvantages.

Or you connect the MS Teams world with your on-Premise UC via CUBE (MS Direct Routing). But then it's just a audio-only call.

Hi B.Winter!

Tnx for the quick reply.

No problem with Expressways, I have them installed and B2B works on every day basis. What concerns me more is that I was under impression that MTR software doesn't support SIP. Are you of different opinion on this matter?

BR