cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Room Kit Plus and MTR

maqsood ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

I have several  Cisco room kit  and  Plus  devices , i want to use this devices as  Microsoft Room Device in  Teams admin center. 

how can i convert the existing CE 9.15.3.17.xxxx  OS  on  RK  to be used as  MTR  in  teams admin . 

how can i save the investment of RK to be used as microsoft team room devices without using CVI . 

4 Replies 4

guruvignesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Ahmed,

To repurpose your existing Cisco Room Kit (RK) devices running CE 9.15.3.17.xxxx OS into Microsoft Teams Room (MTR) devices without utilizing Cloud Video Interop (CVI), you'll need to follow a few steps. Firstly, you'll need to ensure that your devices meet the hardware requirements for MTR, which typically includes camera, audio, and processing capabilities compatible with Microsoft's specifications.

Next, you'll need to perform a factory reset on the Cisco RK devices to clear the existing configuration. After the reset, you'll install the Microsoft Teams Room application, specifically designed for these devices. You may need to obtain the MTR application from Microsoft and follow their guidelines for installation, which may include provisioning the devices through the Teams admin center.

Once the MTR application is successfully installed, you'll need to configure the devices within the Teams admin center, associating them with appropriate meeting spaces or rooms in your organization. This will enable seamless integration with Microsoft Teams and ensure optimal performance as MTR devices.

By repurposing your Cisco RK devices in this manner, you can leverage your existing hardware investment to transform them into Microsoft Teams Room devices, enhancing collaboration and communication within your organization without relying on CVI.

Thanking you Mr   guruvignesh  for your quick response , 

As i wrote above i have cisco room kit / cisco room kit plus / DX80  but  NOT  deskpro  or bar .   i went thru microsoft portal for  MTR application to download which i did not find.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/rooms/certified-hardware?tabs=Android

Would you guide me how to do it ,, i hope many user's are looking for this solution. 

The first step is to installed the MTR app in cisco RK devices, then will go ahead with registeration later...

Magsood - sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Kit and Kit Plus are not on the list of devices that are supported for Microsoft Team rooms - it's only the newer generation hardware. Take a look at this site, it lists what is supported: https://www.webex.com/solutions/microsoft-teams-rooms-cisco-devices.html

Hello, Room Kits are not MTR supported (nor are plans to be supported). Please consider the following options:
https://www.webex.com/solutions/microsoft-teams-rooms-cisco-devices.html

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies