cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Room Kit Plus with Precision 60 does not allow for Presenter Track Setup?

David Kos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have a client that has a Cisco Room Kit Plus that is using a Precision 60 camera and wants to setup the Presenter Track feature.  They have setup the Presenter Track feature in the past on other systems and they are familiar with the process. Has anyone seen such an issue? or ideas of why the Presenter Track function isn't available to setup? Thanks in advance for your time.

The Codec software rev is ce 9.6.1 4516ae5aaa1 2018-12-12

Camera Details

Precision 60 software HC9.6.0.4516ae5aaa1,2018-12-12

Client's comments.

"Normally when you do the setup process for Presenter Track, you get that self-view with the blue dotted line around the area you select. I’m not getting that at all. I’m also not getting it to go into diagnostic mode to see what’s going on.

The codec outputs that it’s available using xstatus, and also says it’s in follow/diagnostic/setup mode, but it doesn’t work.

xcommand Cameras PresenterTrack Set Mode: Follow

OK

*r PresenterTrackSetResult (status=OK):

** end

xStatus Cameras PresenterTrack

*s Cameras PresenterTrack Availability: Available

*s Cameras PresenterTrack Status: Follow

** end

OK"

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This sounds similar to bug CSCvo24930.  The bug note says that this has been resolved in the CE9.8.0 software release.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Lets start with the basics:
The P60 camera is connected and working, correct?

When they go into the presentertrack configuration they do see the P60 camera in the drop down correct?

(Check if the input type on the input connector is set to "camera")

Do they see the blue dotted line in the presentertrack config? If yes, try to modify the size of it (then it should pop up on the screen).

I tried this with the upcoming CE9.6.2 just now and it works for me, I see the dotted lines on screen.

/Magnus

greenus77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I believe we have the same issue. In our case we have two codec pro's with P60 presenter cams, running ce9.7.1.  We also don't get the blue outline for the trigger area in the self-view OSD during presenter track setup and nothing happens if we enable diagnostic mode at any point. If we guess where the trigger area needs to be during GUI setup, it appears that the presenter track camera does trigger/switch correctly, but it is very hard to set up this way.  Did you ever resolve why it is missing on the OSD and diagnostics don't work?

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This sounds similar to bug CSCvo24930.  The bug note says that this has been resolved in the CE9.8.0 software release.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne.  The camera ended up getting replaced and all is good now at the client's site.  Thanks for following up. DK