cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Spark Room Kit Plus Quad Camera HDMI Extention

pdzierzak
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if there was a proved solution for Extending the HDMI for the Quad Cam.  

WE have used the Crestron HD-EXT-3 HDMI TX/RX set and we are getting video but no tracking.

Swapped with a premade hdmi and it has worked fine, but we have some distance issues and pathways 

3 Replies 3

Bobby McGonigle
Level 1
Level 1

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

I have a TAC Case open with Cisco and have yet to yield a result.

I'm using the quad-camera with an SX80 using Extron DTP 330 4k series extenders in 1 space and it works flawlessly, while in another space, it just does not want to track. It tracked for 3 days and then it stopped and the toggle switch disappeared.

Both room have the same technology passing video, and in the bad space, i've even swapped out the extenders with no luck

Like you, a direct connection works great, but it's not feasible in my space, and I'm terribly confused why it works with 1 system and not the other.

Let me know if you can find a work around.

Bobby McGonigle
(He, Him, His, Himself)
Video Services Engineer, EU Svcs Communication & Collaboration Services

I have been told that Sound Controls Technologies has come out with a solutions but their power supply is not up to par, so you have to use the Cisco power supply for the Quad Cam. It is being deployed this week and we are looking to see if it will work reliably. I will let you know what we find

Thanks for the update!

Bobby McGonigle
(He, Him, His, Himself)
Video Services Engineer, EU Svcs Communication & Collaboration Services