cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 unable to place sip tls video call - can place sip tls audio calls and receive sip tls video calls

John Graves
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, have a strange issue with a sx80. All other endpoints in the same subnet and VCS subzone (mx300's, dx80's and sx10..) can place sip tls video calls. The error message on the vcs when the sx80 places and sip tls video call is "temporary unavailable" error code 480.

encryption is set to best effort on endpoints and vcs

the sx80 is not able to place sip tls video call to another endpoint in same subzone so i don't think it's vcs link related

the sx80 is able to place sip tls audio calls

the sx80 is able to receive sip tls video calls

i've compared all settings with the working endpoints and there's no difference

the sx80 is able to place video calls when transport is set to TCP but this breaks end to end encryption which is not acceptable

all endpoints are running latest ce software - 9.5

vcs versions - 8.5.1

I'm shortly moving endpoint registration to a new 8.11.x  express c + e cluster - the sx80 is able to place sip tls video calls in this environment (i've tested this already) however migration is a couple of months away and need to have get it working now

Has anyone ever seen this before, any ideas?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

John Graves
Level 1
Level 1
I think i may have hit this bug?

SIP calls rejected by VCS due to case sensitivity in SIP messages for "application/SDP"
CSCvb89762

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb89762/?rfs=iqvred

I see the following in vcs call events -

detail="found:false, searchtype:INVITE, Info:SDP decode failed" Level="1"

unless there's an easy fix i think I'll just accept this migrate endpoints to new environment

View solution in original post

John Graves
Level 1
Level 1
It turns out, after quite a bit of head scratching, having multistream enabled on the dual display endpoints was the cause this sip tls issue when registered to VCS running old software version (8.5.1). CMS release notes states newer vcs/expressway software is required for multistream

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

John Graves
Level 1
Level 1
I think i may have hit this bug?

SIP calls rejected by VCS due to case sensitivity in SIP messages for "application/SDP"
CSCvb89762

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb89762/?rfs=iqvred

I see the following in vcs call events -

detail="found:false, searchtype:INVITE, Info:SDP decode failed" Level="1"

unless there's an easy fix i think I'll just accept this migrate endpoints to new environment

John Graves
Level 1
Level 1
It turns out, after quite a bit of head scratching, having multistream enabled on the dual display endpoints was the cause this sip tls issue when registered to VCS running old software version (8.5.1). CMS release notes states newer vcs/expressway software is required for multistream