Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Teleprecense Touchpad 8 Slow response when Pairing over the Network

moyo oyegunle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Previously always  paired the Touchpad by connecting directly to the Codec. Unit was moved to a new location and decided to try pairing the unit by giving it a static IP and pairing over the network.

The TouchPad pairs correctly but displays a far longer response time than normal. i.e Typing on the TouchPad is super laggy pulling up information on the Phonebook is also super laggy. Dont seem to see any problems on the network side was wondering if anyone had experienced this or if anyone had ideas on what might be causing this. The unit being paired with is a Tandberg Codec C90 with software version TC7.0.2.aecf2d9.

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you try to restart both? If you have the chance, does it behave better if you pair it again

directly to the second ethernet port of the system?

Did you try to do a factory default reset, or at least disable the pairing mode on the ethernet port 2?

As its not the latest software, an upgrade is also worth trying.

Did you check the logs of the endpoint if you see something suspicious?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks for the reply.

It does behave normally when connected directly to the unit

Did a restart on the unit and a factory reset on the Touchpad didn't fix that.

Disabled the Network Port also does not seem to fix it.

Will try an upgrade and let you know.

I would be positive surprised if it behaves faster, but to try with the latest is always a good way.

did you try to connect it to a simple switch not supporting vlans, that might be interesting to see how it behaves. Also a trace might be interesting to see, if there is anything like lots of
broad and multi casts which might generate trouble.

Tried to find search in the bug toolkit (you can try if you find more), the only thing I found was some info regards direct connected touch

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur18726

If you have a service contract you could consider opening a case towards Cisco TAC.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks for everything.

Just wanted to update a software upgrade fixed this issue.