cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence Codec C40

Marwan Ruslan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new installation for 6  Devices Cisco TelePresence Codec C40 connected in same place with 2 VLan`s, when i do conference between 2 Devices it`s working well while when i Make conference Between 3 Devices,two Devices working well but third Device Voice working only without Video Streaming

any body can advice?

2 Replies 2

Hi Marwan,

Check the license of the C40 endpoint that is hosting the multipoint call.

It should have a Multisite option. You can verify this on the C40 system information.

Normally if there is no Multisite option installed on the endpoint that is hosting the multipoint call the 3rd joining endpoint will be an audio participant only.

regards,

Acevirgil

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As mentioned by Ace, you would need a Multisite Option Key (LIC-C40-MS) to do what you want to do.

As default, without the license, you can make one video call to a second endpoint, but the call to the third endpoint will only be audio.

With the multisite license installed, you will be able to call up to 3 additional endpoints with video and a 4th as voice only.

If you want to be able to conference in all 6 of your endpoints, you'll either need to cascade multisite licenses or use an external MCU.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.