Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco telepresence question - need help

Dear all,

I have at one site cisco cts-phd1080p4xs2 with one camera and its codec, also in the same site am having cisco unified call manager BE ver 7.

i need to make a conference with a remote user.This remote user has not any telepresence product nor any thing. remote user can only connect to the site via vpn or call them via skype.

what is the situation in which i can make video conference with the remote user and the site. is there any software for cisco telepresence can be installed in the remote user laptop and uses the laptop camera and then conference with site, or can the remote user uses skype and the site uses the cisco telepresence (is there a way).

the most important i need the site to use the cisco cts-phd1080p4xs2 as they are a group in way to conference with only one remote user.

any help please.

thanks.

5 Replies 5

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

unfortunately this is not a easy problem to solve. first the need some type of CODEC software to load on the laptop there are many but usually require some infrastructure to make work.

Your best bet is to use a cloud service - BluJeans, Skype, WebEx and others... some have free trial periods or month to month subscriptions.

Now to use the PHD camera on a PC or Laptop you need a AV Bridge that can take in HDMI and even a group microphone and interface it with the PC/Laptop.

The easiest I found to do this is Vaddio AV Bridge Conferencing. Make sure to get the Conferencing model if you want external speakers.

Then plug PHD and Microphone to AVB and the USB to PC/Laptop. Select this as the default camera and mic in the OS and your all set.

Hi Lawrence and thanks for replay.

To make my point more clear, i dont care about the remote user-he can use the mic and camera of the laptop, i do care with the way he can connect and see site as i know for telepresence to work same stuffs infrastructure must be in both sites. Am having only the staff in only one site and i want to way if to use codec and camera or maybe only camera connected to hdmi TV or others so the site can be seen by the remote user as the site holds a group of people and small camera of the laptop or external camera connected to laptop doesnt fulfill the need.

Is there a way to utilize the cisco camera so the whole site group can be seen by the remote user.

Hope i make the point clear.

thanks. again. 

Now to use the PHD camera on a PC or Laptop..

I think the PrecisionHD 4x Camera is connected to and being used with the codec installed in the group room, and not to be used by the remote participant.

Regarding the remote participant, since you mention you have Call Manager, could you deploy Cisco Jabber to the user, if you have the required licenses to create him an account etc?

Hi Lawrence again and sorry for being late.
i do use the cloud service that you guide me and i tested Bluejeans which easy to use by dialing from the cisco
tandberg to Bluejeans Public ip address and then enter the Meeting ID and enjoy the conference.
I intent to use Skype like Bluejeans, will it works?
after few days of searching with skype i see it has a lot of details and i conclude to
Skype for Business online meetings (Online Plan 2) but i cant get a demo to test.
in the below link it says it support C40 and mine is C20, Is it complicated to use skype?do u have any experience with skype.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn933920.aspx

thanks again.

Hi Lawrence again,

i tried your suggestion with skype using imagicle skyvideo gateway.

Point to point video conference works well but when a third party wants to join, only audio works not video and i need to have 8 concurrent conference.

i thins i need MCU device which i  have no idea about it. which MCU model you advice me and is there a cheap model which is compatible with my Tandberg C20.????

regards,